Sunday, May 1, 2011

1966 Topps Rub-Offs

In 1966, Topps issued Rub-Offs as an insert in one of the series of Baseball Cards issued. These pictures were meant to be rubbed off on paper or some other surface.

These rub-offs were printed in rolls of 20 as well as sheets. There are 120 in the set, 100 players and 20 team pennants.

These rub-offs are notoriously know for being cut off center.

Here is the front and back of an uncut group of 5 from a larger roll.




Here is the Bob Veale rub-off.


Here is the front and back of the Kansas City Athletics team pennant.




About a year ago I decided to put together a complete set for my collection. I have tried to get them well centered so its been a challenge. As of today, I have 53 of the 120 so I'm just a little bit short of completing half the set.

No comments: